Thursday, October 30, 2008

Amazing Answer

Romans 5:3-5
"And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character, and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

I can say that these surely have been trying times in my life. Praise the Lord for His hope, for it truly does not disappoint.

On Monday afternoon God answered a huge prayer on mine and many of yours. I bought a truck. I had looked at it several times and taken it to the mechanic to have it checked out the week before. I had prayed for the remaining cash to come in so that I could move forward and place an offer on the table. Money came in from all kinds of people and places many of which I still don't know. (Thank you to all those anonymous donors and friends)
So here it is after almost 3 months of biking, walking, catching rides, taxis and buses a gift from God: 1999 Nissan, like a Frontier but not quite, double cab, diesel, 4x4 truck!
From Truck


I am blown away by it all and stand grateful for all that God has taught me through this time. I hope to not forget what travel and transportation is like for most of the people that I work with around the country. Also, the wonderful, visual reminder of God's protection the night of the accident all the way through to His provision of the new truck today.
From Truck

From Truck

No comments:

Post a Comment