They cut through the bars and slid into the house
Today the alarm company called us to say that one of the sensors in the house had been activated. I ran home to find the guard from company outside our gate. I opened the house and we proceeded to check out where the alarm was activated. Everything was fine on that end of the house but as I looked in our rooms it was obvious that someone had gotten in.
The thieves cut the bars on the outside of one of the windows of the house and got in. They were rummaging through things when one of them tripped the alarm system. It appears that they went running. They left things where they were and made their escape. Thankfully they did not get either Lori or Mary's computers which were in the house. They did get my US driver's license and some bank cards but thankfully they are replaceable.
Stop, Drop and RUN!
While we are thankful that our alarm served its purpose this event raises some big questions for us and our safety. The economic situation is becoming more and more difficult and driving people to look for alternative means to supplement their income.
- Please pray for Mary, Lori and I as we evaluate the situation and our decisions about security.
- Pray that we would rest peacefully and not live in fear.
- We would be able to work together with the police to find out who is breaking in and what we can do to prevent it.
- That we would give all the praise and glory to the Lord even in the midst of trial.
- Because we haven't replaced much from the first robbery we didn't have much for them to take.
- The alarm served its purpose
- The welder is on his way right now to fix the window where the thieves got in. (This is amazingly fast!!)
- Once again no one was harmed in the event
- Also a huge praise that while we were gone over Christmas and for the Sea to Sea tour nothing happened. God has protected us from so much.