Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Tribute to Grandpa Davey

On Monday, November 3, 2008 my grandpa passed away. He was 88 years old and loved the Lord with all of His heart.

From blog photos


God gave me a remarkable gift in September to go back and spend the weekend with my family. I spent a whole day with Grandpa. We went to lunch and played Spinner (his favorite domino game) all afternoon. We had a very special time together. God knew just what he was doing.

From blog photos


My Grandparents lived with us for a while before their health deteriorated and Grandma needed more care. Grandpa tried to stay at home and visit Grandma every day. That only lasted a month before Grandpa decided to move into the nursing with Grandma. I guess after 65 years of always being together they couldn't stand to be apart. Grandma passed away in February and we were so blessed to have Grandpa with us all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment