Monday, October 6, 2008

On the Run

I have really picked up and enjoyed running since moving to Nicaragua. I started partially because I enjoy it but also because there are a lot of other ways to get a workout in consistently. There is a small group of gals that I go with a couple times a week. Amy and Myra are great and we enjoy several routes near where we live.

This weekend Myra and I participated in a 15K fun run in Matagalpa. Matagalpa is in the north of Nicaragua and is where the majority of the coffee that is exported to the world is grown. It is beautiful and much cooler than Managua. There were eight of us in all that caravanned up and enjoyed the ride. The race turned out to be a little shorter than 15K but was still breath-taking (in more ways than one ☺) We ran through a coffee farm. It was a very well organized event. We were all really impressed. Each runner got a really nice shirt and a medal.

The fun run was actually part of a larger event where 22 runners were running a double marathon! Can you believe it 50 miles. The course was difficult but I can’t imagine running 50 miles. Someday I would like to run a marathon but I am not sure if I will ever add a double marathon to my TO DO list.

I’ll add pics later. I didn’t get any on my camera so as soon as I get some from the others I’ll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment