Saturday, July 18, 2009

He is not slow in keeping His promises

Six years ago while working with short term team at Iglesia Bautista Hebron in Managua I stayed with a lovely woman named Amanda. She was a older woman who had been widowed. We spent the week sharing stories about our families, dreams and struggles in life. Amanda shared about her desire to have her son come back home and re-dedicate his life to the Lord. She asked the three of us who were staying with her to pray for her son to return.



Since that summer when I stayed with Amanda I have not seen or talked to her but as the Lord brought her and her son to mind I prayed for them both. When I have visited her church I have looked for her and wondered how things were going. Just a few weeks ago I saw Amanda again. She greeted me with a gigantic hug and was so excited to share wonderful news with me. Her son has not only come back home but has come back to the Lord. He is happily serving in the church by playing the keyboard with the worship team. Amanda was bubbling over with excitement to have her son home and to know that he is now serving the Lord. He has been back in the church for over a year now. He has a beautiful wife and son. There is lots of happiness, rejoicing and laughter that now fill Amanda's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment