Monday, July 13, 2009

Hand in Hand


Bethel Christian Church in San Francisco, CA sent down a team of 8 wonderful people to serve in Nicaragua. The week was packed with lots of activity and many new found friendships.

Each day was packed with church services, children's ministry, house to house visits for the after school program, home groups and family time. This team was unique because all but two of them were fluent in Spanish. This helped tremendously because most of the team was able to communicate really well with their new Nica families. It also made the work load lighter for Fabricio and I as we were leading the team. ;-)


Rachael H. and I were blessed to be with a wonderful family. I first met this family 6 years ago when I was working in Nicaragua as a volunteer for the summer. They are a super sweet family that I have come to love dearly. They have taken me in truly as part of the family. Jorge and Nifa asked me if they could call me when they go on family trips to the beach or wherever. Of course I said YES!



Rachael and Ninfa had an instant connection as they are both hairdressers. Here's Rachael giving Ninfa a haircut. They had some very special times together during the week. Although I would have to say that the most wonderful part about the whole week was seeing our 19 year old "brother" Giovanni be excited about sharing his new faith with others during one of the outreaches. He had just accepted the Lord the night before we arrived at their house.

Pastor Arturo was a wonderful pastor to work with at Iglesia Bautista Hebron. He has great vision for his church and is a faithful servant of the Lord. We greatly enjoyed working with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment