Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weakness and Transition

Most everyone at some time or another has had to pack up all their belongings and move.    I have had this privilege many, many times in my life.   With each move we have the opportunity to sort through our junk drawers and purge some of the less used items from our lives.    This is a liberating feeling isn't it.  

Just like my junk drawers I have junk in my life that God wants me to clean out so He can move me into a deeper relationship and dependence on Him instead of on myself.   God is in the process of cleaning out my self-reliance junk drawer. It is humbling and painful, yet freeing at the same time.   I can't do this job, my class assignments, this life without Him and the support of community around me.   Somebody knock me over the head with a coconut when I forget this and start trying to do it in my own strength.  

These are words I need to hear everyday...  "Instead of trying to create a mental map of your path through this day focus on My loving presence with you.   I will equip you as you go, so that you can handle whatever comes your way.   Trust me to supply what you need when you need it."  

As I look at the task of opening a school and training the staff it is a task that is bigger than me, bigger than Nicaragua Christian Academy, bigger than Matagalpa and even bigger than Nicaragua.    Yet while it is bigger God is bigger still.  Paul's words to us in II Corinthians 12:9-10 have been a much needed reminder of perspective this week.

""My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.   For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Since returning to Nicaragua in April I've been staying with different friends, house sitting and waiting for the right moment to move North to Matagalpa.  Now, this week I move forward in the next phase of transition.   Wednesday I will move to Matagalpa and begin building relationships and looking for community in this new town.    It is very exciting and nerve-racking at the same time to think of starting over in many ways. 

I'd appreciate your prayers as I take this next step.    I am feeling very weak but know that it is only in His strength I can do anything at all.
  • deep friendships
  • a sense of community
  • wisdom as we look for staff and sub-directors
  • energy
  • time to complete class assignments as I work on my Master's degree

No comments:

Post a Comment