Thursday, August 9, 2012

Missing - Miracle - New Opportunity


As I traveled across the US earlier this year I visited every thrift store in my path in search of books in Spanish for our library at the new school in Matagalpa.   By the time I headed to Nicaragua in April there were 16 boxes of books packed, sealed and headed to Florida to be loaded on a shipping container.    

Now the container has arrived and last week I had the opportunity to take a look at the boxes of books and make sure that everything arrived.   Sadly,  as I looked over the boxes and the inventory lists I discovered that there are 4 boxes that are missing.    Also, two of the boxes that arrived are missing more than half of the books that were originally in the box.    A call has been placed to the freight forwarder to check on the possible location of the 4 missing boxes.    As for the missing boxes and books I have written a letter to the U.S. Postal Services asking them to try and locate all of my missing books.   I am praying for a miracle.    Some of the books that did not arrive are the books that I bought specifically for the new teachers to read at the school.    Please join me in praying for a positive response from the Postal Service.

Just today I learned of a new opportunity to send more books and school supplies to Nicaragua on another container leaving in October.    It is neat to see how even in the midst of lost items God has provided another way to get more than just books to Nicaragua for the new school.    If you are interested in collecting a box or two of Spanish books over the next two months for our school please email me and I will get you all of the information you need to send them our way.    In this container we also have the ability to ship school and office furniture.    This could be an amazing way for us to get quality  equipment in country.   Again if you are interested in helping in this way please email me  carey@dlzip.com and I’ll get you the info you need.

I’ve created a wish list on Amazon of books that we’d like for the library.    You can find the wish list  at the Amazon website.   It is titled Spanish Books for NCA Matagalpa.

3 comments:

  1. t is so awesome how God works....we've been "cooking up a shipment" for awhile now, and He is going to make it easier to get the books to you than we ever thought possible! I'll be in touch soon, with details :) Meanwhile, know that I love you and miss you, and pray for you often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carey! I was just in Nicaragua helping at the school site. Awesome what God is doing! I tried to find the wish list on Amazon and couldn't. Can you put a link up? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok the link is broken to get to the wish list but go to www.amazon.com and do a search for a someone's wish list. You can search by name. Search Carey Franklin and you will see a list pop up that is titled NCA Matagalpa. From there you will be able to see what books have already been purchased and which ones are still available. Thanks for your strong desire to help. I am so grateful!

    ReplyDelete