Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet Thor!


I've got your attention now!  :-)  Now I know what at least a few of you are thinking.... no I'm sorry I am not introducing you to a nice single guy who is interested in me.   :-) 

Thor is the name I have affectionately given my car.    Thor is a 2001 Kia Sportage I have borrowed from my parents for my time in the US.   We have shared quite an interesting time together already.   During the first few days of our relationship there were many calls to my Dad, the mechanic, asking for advice on how to fix this noise or that check engine light, the radiator fluid leaking from the front end of the engine etc.    Thankfully, now Thor and I have bonded and I think that he is going to be a trustworthy vehicle.

I'm introducing Thor to you because he is going to be my traveling buddy over the next 4 weeks as I travel to visit friends, family and donors across the US.    Today is the big day we set out on the first leg or our journey together.   Today we head to the VA/ Washington DC area.   You can see my previous posts for a travel schedule. 

As Thor and I begin our travels I ask that you would be praying for the following things:
  • Great thinking/alone time with God as I drive here and there and everywhere
  • Safety on the roads (there are lots of miles planned for this journey)
  • Mechanical reliability  for Thor
  • Awesome time of fellowship with friends and donors along the way
  • Favorable gas prices
Join me in praising God for his awesome provision already in a new set of tires for Thor.   My God is my great provider and has blown me away with this amazing gift.

2 comments: