Monday, November 23, 2009

Peace

Praise the Lord the marches on Saturday were the most peaceful that I have seen during my time here in Nicaragua. I know that it largely due to the number of people and churches that have been praying for this dear country.

Thank you for continually lifting us up in prayer.

Here's a little funny first grade story that happened today.

One of my little girls asked me while we waited for her parents to pick her up after school, "Miss Franklin, do you sleep?". I replied, "Well Mariana do your mom and dad sleep?" She answered, "Yes!". I asked her, "Do you think that I need sleep just like your parents?" She said, "Yes." Then she sweetly asked "when and where?". I told her that I sleep at night just like she does and in my own bet at home. It was so cute because she genuinely wanted to know if I really did sleep and where. So I hope I was able to clear up a little first grade myth that teachers sleep in their classrooms and rarely ever leave school. ;-)

With that being said it is time for me to get some sleep. I guess I'll grab a good book and stretch out on my desk using my student's journals as my pillow and turn in for the night. Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment