Thursday, March 19, 2009

Other People's Friends

Oops! It has been a few weeks since I have posted. Life has been busy.

Other people's friends. I've been in Nicaragua long enough now to have seen lots and lots of other people's friends, families and churches come down to visit those I serve along side here in Nicaragua. It is really neat to meet the people that my friends talk about and then to meet their parents and see where they get some of their traits.

Last week my friend Dave's parents came to visit. I met them a few years ago and it was great to see them and catch up at church on Sunday. I guess one of the many advantages of being around here for a while is you get to see people come back to visit again.

Not only do I get to see many repeat visitors but I also get to meet many new people. Grace Church sends down many teams every year. A few weeks ago three pastors came down to do some training and we had a little afternoon fun day with them. Two of the guys have been here many times and have become like family to the CFCI team here. We played softball, soccer and basketball. Those of you who know me won't believe this but my team wanted me to be the pitcher for the softball game. Yeah! I know it is crazy isn't it!







The blessings of visitors is that they bring with them a fresh perspective, goodies from home or just great fellowship. May this be an encouragement to all of you to visit your friends and missionaries on the field wherever they may be. Your visit can serve as a huge blessing and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment