Monday, March 30, 2009

The life of a single, female missionary

On Saturday I lent my truck to a friend to pick up some wood for a project at his house. When he brought it back to me he said, "Carey, your truck was having trouble with the battery. We almost had to jump it but then we finally got it started." Ok so this is not the first time something like this has happened so I told him no big deal. I'll take a look at it and tighten the connections to the battery.

I am thankful that my Dad and experience have taught me not to be afraid of what is under the hood of my car. :-) Upon inspection I discovered that the new connectors to the battery that I bought a few months back are now too loose and need to be tightened. One of them I could tighten but the other one was tightened as far as it would go and I could just pull it right off the post of the battery. Hmmmm what was I to do???

I biked to the Birthday party that I had planned to attend that afternoon and then proceeded to ask the guys if they could help me or what I should do. All of the guys were busy after the party so they couldn't help me but Halle an energetic, father-figure kind of guy gave me a list of things to do and said to call him if it still wouldn't work. Thankfully I followed his directions, cleaned off all the corrosion and was able to get the car started no problem.



While I'm thankful for the opportunities to learn how to handle different situations. I look forward to the day when I have a loving husband who can help me in situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment