Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nicaragua the Melting Pot of Central America?

What do 3 cultures, 3 language and 7 people have in common? Keep reading to find out!

When I was teaching at NCA I had the privilage of getting to know many of the parents of my students. Even as I am now not at NCA regularly parents still stop me and we chat and catch up on their child's progress or to just chat about life. I cherish these friendships and look forward to the times that I get to spend with them.

One friendship in particular has grown deeper through the years. Eun Oak's son was in my second class here in Nicaragua. He is now in 4th grade. Their family is from South Korea and have lived in Nicaragua for 11 years. We meet together for coffee every so often and share what God is doing in our lives. Eun Oak's sister, Kim, is a missionary here serving with the presbyterian church.


Kim is starting up a school in Tipitapa an area about an hour from where I live. She is excited about the project and has asked me to come out as often as I can to help them develop their curiculum and to help her teachers get ready for the new school year. Yesterday, Julie one of our interns and I went out with Kim and Eun Oak to see the school and help out in whatever way we could.

Eun Oak, Kim, Joann, Mary Guiselle, Gladys and me in front of the classrooms

We spent a great bit of time talking with the teachers helping them plan out the schedule for their school day. The school will be starting out with Pre-school level I an II and a Kinder class. The building is built and ready all that is lacking are the doors and the furniture. The teachers were hoping to decorate their classrooms with our help but with no doors yet they'll have to wait.

As we talked with the teachers it was amazing to see their heart to make a difference in the lives of their students and the community. They are eager to do their very best. God has bought this group of ladies together to serve Him. As we shared time together Kim made this comment, "Isn't this amazing to see a group of ladies from 3 different countries, speaking 3 different languages working together to serve one purpose." I agree with her it is amazing. I think it is a little glimpse of what heaven will be like.



All of the gals and Julie our CFCI Intern

Pray for Christian Mission Academy
  • The doors and furniture would be completed before school begins on Feb 3, 2009
  • Passion, creativity and energy for each day
  • Direction in how to develop a program that will leave a lasting impact in the community for Christ
  • The school is still looking for 1 teacher and 1 director who is bilingual

No comments:

Post a Comment