Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Life Well Lived

Some of you may remember my story of Mrs. Oliver last Spring.   She was the dear 94 year old woman I had the privilege of getting to know.  

Today I learned that Mrs. Oliver went home to be with Jesus on December 27th.

Mrs. Oliver taught me so much in our short time together.  She was a strong woman who believed in the provision and mighty hand of God in her life and the lives of her family.   Here is just a glimpse of one of our times together.


"I have always been  drawn to pictures of the harvest.   I think that the story comes from my mother.  She painted this picture for me with her words. When we would pass by a harvest field she would tell us it is like how we as humans are  working in a harvest, God’s harvest.  We should be His reapers in His harvest.   As I think more on this I think of the sower who may never be seen again.  He plants the seeds in the soil then the reaper comes along and is seen reaping the field.   The reaper receives all of the praise while he may not have been the one to do all of the work.   We may just be the sower of seeds in our lifetime.    I hope and pray that maybe I can enrich somebody’s life for Jesus during this life."

Well Mrs. Oliver you have!   You have touched my life in a special way and reminded me of the God of the harvest.  May you rest in peace and my your family be comforted by the sweet embrace of the Father as they grieve your passing.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Oliver was indeed a special servant of her Father. Because of your love for her, and your desire to put her memories on paper, her wisdom will undoubtedly be shared for many many years to come and she will continue to be fruitful in the Father's field well beyond her time on this earth!

    ReplyDelete