Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Exciting Happenigs

This past week has been full of lots of added adventures, blessings and progress on the school.

I had 3 friends Mary, Jared and Nick visit from Greenville, SC.   It was great to have our camping crew together and then to be together in Nicaragua made it even sweeter.  The week was full of laughter, hard work, lots of paint and good coffee.    What a blessing it was to be encouraged by good friends and fellowship after a couple of really tough weeks.
 


We have also been making steady progress on getting things ready for our open house  at the school.   There are now flyers and banners all over the city and a few radio ads playing too.   Two of the radio stations are interviewing me tomorrow as we gear up for Open House.   If anyone ever told me that one day I would be on the radio in Nicaragua I think I would have laughed.    So, here I sit laughing!  

Mike letting the creative juices go as he designs the tree
Also a group of guys that work at NCA Nejapa's vocational program through ESVO ministries have been designing some iron bars for the window of the front entrance at NCA Matagalpa.   Nick and Jared had the opportunity to work with them forging the leaves for the amazing tree that now sits in front of our school.    The ESVO guys made it up this week to install the tree in preparation for our open house.
The guys with their finished product

The tree evokes so much in me it is hard to put it all into words.   First it reminds me of Scripture.

Psalm 1

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.
That is our prayer that all of our students would be like trees planted by streams of water that will yield their fruit in season.  


1 comment:

  1. Thx for sharing this....sush fun to see you and Mary and the guys enjoying each other as you work! That tree and those gates are so awesome and welcoming...I am praying that they will welcome many who need to know Him! I miss you, but I am excited to see things moving along there...God is surely faithful!

    ReplyDelete