Monday, November 21, 2011

Laughter and Friendship Run Deep

Friendship is something that we all long for in this life. There are many types of friends that walk in and out of our lives through its various stages. Some friends are near and dear to us in ways that words cannot express. Time passes between conversations, letters and phone calls but the moment you pick up again its as if no time has passed at all. The depth of love, life and honesty shared is something that I cherish deeply. Other friends are a special part of our life for a season and then our lives carry on through different journys.
As I am currently in a time of life transition between life and ministry in Nicaragua and a time of rest and furlough in the United States I've found myself looking for depth in new friendships. In the midst of meeting so many new people I have had the privilege of being able to visit some good life-long friends.

College roommate dinner with Tami, Julie, Jill and Sara
An old school used to live and work in Nicaragua but now we live in New Mexico Reunion with Joy and Morgan.
The night was filled with tears from so much laughter.

New Friends are a blessing too.  I met some other gals who were returning from missions around the globe and we shared a special time of debriefing in Monument, Colorado with Missionary Training Institute .   Here is an early morning sunrise at Garden of the Gods park with Colleen, Katie and Autumn.
Camping is something that I love do do and have not really been able to go much since moving to Nicaragua.  Thanks to Mary Ezzell I've met some great new camping buddies.   I've been twice now as we camped in 32 degree weather.   It was well worth the cold as we woke up to the sights and sounds of God's great creation.



No comments:

Post a Comment