Monday, October 5, 2009

Love of family

 


Living in Nicaragua comes with some sacrifices but many blessings. While I am far away from my own family God is so gracious in providing other families to fill in some of the needs that arise. While working with Christ for the City teams I have stayed with many, many Nicaraguan families. Some have touched my life in deeper ways. One of those families is the Espinal family. There was a very special bond that formed during the week I stayed with them this past summer. Fortunately they live in Managua and are only a drive across the city. A few weeks ago they called me and wanted to celebrate my birthday. We were finally able to connect up on Saturday. We went out for quesillos! Yum! Yum!
Afterwards we went to a beautiful lookout outside of the city. The kids are teenagers and so the afternoon was filled with jokes, songs, and lots of laughter. We transformed our visit to the lookout into a photo shoot. Here are a few fun pics.

 

From left to right: George, Carey, Giovanni, Evelying, Jorge and Ninfa is the photographer.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment