Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oops! I'm baaaaaaack!

Yikes! I'm not sure what has happened to the last month and a half but lots has sure been keeping me hopping. I know I'm a little behind on keeping you up to date. Hmm let's see I worked with a medical team in Rivas for a week, did another teacher training, said good-bye to Julie our intern, received a team of two that did some training for our staff, moved out of my old house, went to the States for my brother's wedding, met my new nephews, visited my home church in Killeen, and whew lived to tell about it. :0) Now if that wasn't the longest runon sentence there ever was.


Ok so a lot has happened. Today I want to share about the teacher training that Julie and I did the last week she was here. We feel so privelaged to have had the opportunity to work with the terrific teachers at Colegio Hosanna Sur. Esperanza the director continues to be an encouragment and is helping us know how to better meet the needs of the teachers and students at her school.


We continued on our topic of classroom managment. The teachers were given opportunites to pen the rules and consequences that they want to use in t
hier classrooms. Mixed with fun games and lots of role-play teachers left with a plan to put into action in thier classrooms.
The following week when I went to visit the school many of the teachers had taken the first step and had their rules displayed on their walls.

I am continously grateful for the friendships that have developed with these teachers and the ways that God is blessing both their lives and mine through this experience. Praise the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment